Move over @johnbrawley, there’s a new cinematographer in the house. Only two episodes of Series 5 to go! #offspring
By JONATHAN CHANCELLOR
24 JULY 2014
The Pace Development Group has secured the Smith Family headquarters in Collingwood.
The prominent 1,139-square-metre site, will now get an apartment complex, Nina, named after the Nina Proudman character in Channel 10 series Offspring, which is filmed around Collingwood.
Pace directors Shane Wilkinson and Cameron Yates, who presumably are fans of the Asher Keddie-played role, expect to start off the market marketing the apartments next year.
The Smith Family bought the Collingwood building 15 years ago with plans to now relocate to smaller, leased premises and use money from the sale of 73-77 Wellington Street for statewide education programs.
The building was built in the 1970s so showing its age and is no longer appropriate to The Smith Family’s needs.
The Smith Family’s Victorian general manager, Anton Leschen, said the sale reflected the charity’s desire to make sure its resources weren’t tied up unnecessarily.
The site is bound by Cambridge, Langridge and Wellington streets.
It sold through CBRE for $8.8 million earlier this month, so apartment design plans are yet to become available.
Actor Rick Davies and director Emma Freeman on the set of Offspring.
This is such a beautiful photo!
By Anshu Shrivastava
July 24, 2014 7:08 PM EST
The final moments of “Offspring” Season 5 Episode 11 featured a happy moment and a devastating one, as well. Billie finally made-up her mind, and as a result there was a happy reunion between her and Mick. At the same time, Nina discovered that Thomas is still wedded to his wife, and he is the husband of her patient, the heavily pregnant lady who got admitted that day.
Throughout the episode, Billie was like a pendulum, unable to decide whether she wants to pick-up the thread with Mick, or choose a stable life with Lawrence. Lawrence told her that he loves her, but Mick was constantly on her mind. Both Mick and Billie were unable to escape their emotions when Angie started to help them sort out their stuff. Mick refused to answer her when she demanded to know why he broke-up with Mimi, as he felt that she and Lawrence were serious about each other.
Meanwhile, Thomas made Nina realise that she had not told him much about Patrick, as he did not even know that he was her colleague. Later, she found out from others that Thomas got to hear a lot about Patrick from them. She sought out Leo and asked for his opinion. When she met Thomas, again, she started off by telling that Reid was Patrick’s last name. Thomas was like he did not know much about being in a relationship with someone who has a pas baggage, as he ended-up in a relationship with his estranged wife quite early in his life.
Billie realised that she is likely to end-up like her mother, and her relationship with Lawrence will provide her a different, secure life. She picked Lawrence over Mick, and moved-in with the former. However, their first night together turned out to be a fiasco. When she joined Lawrence in the bed, she was uncomfortable and wanted some more time before she got intimate with him. Later, she kept hearing the drum beats and wondered why Lawrence was unable to hear that. She had a breakdown and Lawrence understood the reason, and let her go.
Billie went to the club where Mick was performing. Mick saw her in the crowd and came down. Billie confessed that he is the love of her life. The two kissed and the episode ended on a happy note for them.
At the hospital, Leo was the first one to discover that the pregnant woman’s husband is Nina’s Thomas. He informed Nina about that. Nina did not believe him, as Thomas was separated from his wife. She was shocked to see Thomas beside her new patient.
Also in the episode, Jimmy found out that Zara is interested in pursuing medicine, but is giving-up on her dreams because of family responsibilities. And, when Jimmy brought-in the three elders to convince Zara to pursue her dreams, she lost it and asked them not to interfere.
Unaware that Cherie and Martin are seeing each other, secretly, Kim told Cherie that she wants to try having another child with Martin, as she is seeing a much calmer Martin despite the return of Cherie. Cherie listened, without spilling out details about her secret rendezvous with Martin.
Group selfie - St Francis style! (Don’t know who that guy is in the background…) #Offspring
Have also been lucky enough to meet all these lovely people! (:
PILOT: TELE-MOVIE. Written by Debra Oswald
Taking Charge: 1x01. Written by Debra Oswald
The Uncomfortability: 1x02. Written by Jonathan Gavin
Playing Aloof: 1x03. Written by Michael Lucas
Poison Ivy: 1x04. Written by Kylie Needham
Carpe Diem: 1x05. Written by Debra Oswald & Jonathan Gavin
D-Day: 1x06. Written by Michael Lucas
Two Sisters: 1x07. Written by Debra Oswald
Re-unravel: 1x08. Written by Jonathan Gavin
Making Peace: 1x09. Written by Jonathan Gavin
The Other Woman: 1x10. Written by Debra Oswald
My Confessions: 1x11. Written by Michael Lucas
Not as Planned: 1x12. Written by Jonathan Gavin
A New Miracle: 1x13. Written by Debra Oswald
Baby Bumps: 2x02. Written by Michael Lucas
Cheating on Your Test: 2x07. Written by Debra Oswald
Just Keep Talking: 2x09. Written by Christine Bartlett
Acceptance: 2x10. Written by Michael Lucas
What Goes Around Comes Around: 2x12. Written by Jonathan Gavin
One Night Stand Off: 3x08. Written by Ben Chessell & Michael Lucas
Second Chances: 4x02. Written by Jonathan Gavin
The Things We Do for Love: 4x05. Written by Debra Oswald
Freaking the Freak Out: 4x08. Written by Michael Lucas
Numbing the Pain: 4x09. Written by Jonathan Gavin
Matters of the Heart: 4x10. Written by Debra Oswald, Jonathan Gavin and Charlie Garber
The Bond Between Sisters: 4x13. Written by Debra Oswald
5x02. Written by Michael Lucas
5x09. Written by Christine Bartlett
5x11. Written by Michael Lucas
SOURCE OF EPISODE TITLES: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offspring_(series_1)
(series 2) (series 3) (series 4) (series 5)
Back in time … Le Nevez and Adelaide Clemens star in Parer’s War. Picture ABC Source: Supplied
Tweet from Michael Lucas – one of the three main writers for Offspring.
Back on TV … actors Matthew Le Nevez and Elizabeth Debicki both star in The Kettering Incident. Source: News Corp Australia
By DIANNE BUTLER
JULY 26, 2014 12:00AM
HE’S back! Again! Matt Le Nevez, whose tragic hit-and-run death on Offspring left large parts of Australia reeling, is set to return to a television series.
And he promises this one has no car accidents.
The Kettering Incident , an eight-hour $15 million production, is the first adult drama series ever to be filmed in Tasmania.
“It’s one of the more exciting dramas I’ve been involved with my entire career,” Le Nevez said from the set of the moody thriller early this week.
“There won’t be any car accidents on this one. I’m a detective who starts to investigate a missing person thing in Kettering (in Tasmania.)
“It’s one of those scripts you love getting because the more you read it the more you want to know about it.
“There’s more questions every single page, and there’s more surprises. It’s one of the special ones this one. It’s great that Foxtel has been able to commission this because these sorts of shows don’t always get made in Australia. I think most people will be really, really surprised.”
And it’s likely Le Nevez’s co-star Elizabeth Debicki (playing a doctor) — who won an ACCTA award for her role as Jordan in The Great Gatsby — will be something of a household name by the time The Kettering Incident is on TV next year.
Debicki has three films due to land in coming months — Macbeth with Michael Fassbender, The Man From UNCLE with Henry Cavill and Everest with Jake Gyllenhaal and Sam Worthington. And next month she’s heading to New York to do a play, The Maids, with Cate Blanchett.
“Well I think when it rains it pours,” she said. “For me I feel very privileged, (The Kettering Incident) it’s just such a great role.
“It’s two things — it’s the quality of the writing, the storytelling, which is really exceptional. And it’s such an interesting female role. It’s rare that you come across that combination. I didn’t hesitate at all.”
Le Nevez said a large part of the appeal for him was living in Tasmania.
Debicki described the location as like another character in the drama.
“The landscape played a huge part in the script,” Le Nevez said.
“Filming in and around Kettering and Bruny Island and Hobart — (co-creator and writer) Vicki Madden grew up there, and she wanted to bring some drama back to Tasmania, and we’ve been embraced down here. The locals and the community are really getting behind this.”
The Kettering Incident, produced by Porchlight Films (Animal Kingdom) will screen on Foxtel next year.
- - Billie is brushing her teeth in Lawrence's bathroom in front of the mirror. She slows down when she thinks she can hear music coming from somewhere outside. When she comes out Lawrence is lying in his bed reading a book. Billie walks around to the other side of the bed -
- LAWRENCE: You alright?
- - Billie slightly nods then hops in bed, now lying beside him -
- LAWRENCE: Well, here we are.
- BILLIE [SOFTLY]: Yeah.
- - Lawrence strokes her face gently and attempts to kiss her. Billie pulls away and sits up -
- BILLIE: Sorry, sorry. I will be fine I just . . . I've barely slept in the past forty-eight hours. I'm sorry.
- LAWRENCE: It's been an enormous couple of days, yeah? Lets rest for now. Goodnight Billie.
- - He kisses her then they each turn out their bedside lights -
- BILLIE: Can you hear that?
- LAWRENCE: What?
- BILLIE: Is the radio on? It's music.
- - Lawrence turns the light back on and attempts to listen. Billie then demonstrates the beat with her voice. Both nod side to side in conversation -
- LAWRENCE: Would you like a sleeping pill perhaps? I have a range.
- BILLIE: Thanks, I'm sure I'll be fine.
- LAWRENCE: Okay.
- - He turns the light back off and they both lie down. Abruptly Billie sits up -
- BILLIE: You really can't hear that?
- LAWRENCE: No I'm afraid I can't.
- BILLIE: It's a really clear beat. [Demonstrates yet again]
- LAWRENCE: No. Look maybe you should just lie down and relax huh? Yeah?
- - Billie lies down yet again but when she does the beat is even louder. She suddenly sits up and gets out of bed. -
- BILLIE: Outside. It's coming from outside!
- - She runs to open the window. When she does and heads outside to the balcony, the music is gone -
- LAWRENCE: See? It's absolutely nothing.
- - Billie begins to cry -
- LAWRENCE: What's wrong?
- - Billie lets herself slowly to the ground, holding on to the rail continuing to cry -
- BILLIE: Aw.
- - Lawrence sits down on the ground too -
- BILLIE: I know Mick was gigging tonight. It's his last gig and . . . it's not even close to here but that's why . . . I'm sorry. I don't even know why I'm telling you this.
- LAWRENCE: Maybe you feel you need to be there.
- BILLIE: - Through tears - No.
- LAWRENCE: Billie if you need to get it all out, maybe you should.
- - Billie begins to cry harder, slowly getting closer to the ground -
- LAWRENCE [QUIETLY]: That's it, that's it. Just let go if you need to.
- - Billie continues crying -
- LAWRENCE [QUIETLY]: It's that intense huh?
- BILLIE: I'm . . . I just need a minute.
- - She gets up and runs back into the house. Lawrence followers her in -
- LAWRENCE: Is it pain? Is it morning? Is it . . . ?
- - Billie nods her head from side to side -
- BILLIE [SNIFFLING]: It's . . . it's this . . . it's weird instinct.
- LAWRENCE: To ____ what? Please tell me. Please.
- BILLIE: To run to him. It's just a phase, it's going to pass, I'm going to take those pills.
- - She goes to the bedside drawer looking for them when she breaks down again. She sits on the bed. So does Lawrence.
- LAWRENCE: Billie I've felt for you more than any other woman. But I've never felt close to that depth of feeling.
- BILLIE: [THROUGH TEARS]: What's the point? It doesn't mean anything okay? Think about it. It's over, Mick said so.
- LAWRENCE: But you're not absolutely sure are you? As long as there's a chance, you can't let go.
- BILLIE: - Nodding side to side - I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry. - She gently stokes his face -
- New Scene: Billie runs out of Lawrence's attempting to make it to Mick's gig.
- Cut to: Mick and Roseanna singing.
- MICK & ROSEANNA [SINGING]: "Baby you've got me running round, telling me you don't care at all, but when it all comes falling down,don't you know I will break your fall, that I will break your fall."
- - Billie continues running -
- - Mick and Roseanna finish the song and everyone is cheering -
- ROSEANNA: One last song, one last song.
- MICK: This is one of my personal favourites.
- - Billie continues running towards the gig -
- - Mick and Roseanna commence with the last song -
- - Billie walks in to where the gig is being held. Once Mick spots her in the audience, he stops singing mid-song. He mimes to her and she mimes back. The music stops. Mick heads off stages towards Billie -
- MICK: What are you doing here?
- BILLIE: You're the love of my life.
- - Mick has a sigh of relief and they start kissing -
- ROSEANNA: So everybody I think that we-
- MICK: Everybody $1500 on the bar on me!
One of Offspring's producers John Edwards with actress Kat Stewart during the filming of Tangle.
Picture: Jon Hargest Source: The Daily Telegraph
Maz McEwan said: Any idea what the song playing in the last scene of Offspring s04ep11 is? Ta!
The song you’re after is called Watch the Breezes and it’s by San Mei.
It’s available to purchase on iTunes as part of the Offspring series four soundtrack. … and better still, there is no need to buy the whole album – unless of course you want to – as the song is available for individual purchase. I personally love Offspring covers on my iPad.
I hope you don’t mind me transferring your question onto this blog. I would have replied via twitter, but I doubt I would have been able to constrain my answer to 140 characters.
If you have any other questions, just ask! I’m always happy to try and help out! (: